Domestic Visual Condition Reports
The Domestic Visual Condition Report, is designed for customers who require a quick check of their fixed wiring at a competitive price. It is not as thorough as an Electrcal Installation Condition Report. Thus, property owners with any doubt regarding the suitability of this service should instead request a full EICR. However, the simple nature and low cost of this report means it generally meets the needs of many homeowners and landlords where an EICR is still in force.
CONTACT OUR electrical contractors in Darlington, County Durham, to arrange our first-rate services.
Tests carried out during the domestic visual condition report include:
- Inspection of Consumer Unit, Including MCB/Fuse Ratings, Condition, Labelling, Suitability for a Domestic Property, and Identification of Circuits in Need of Testing
- Checking the Operation of Consumer Unit Isolation Switch; Checking MCB (if Any) Operation
- Checking the Main RCD Operation Using the Test Button(s)
- Visually Checking All Easily Accessible Power Points, Switches, Flex Outlets, and Electrical Fittings for Damage and Condition
- Testing the Phase Wiring on a Selection of Accessible Sockets (13-amp Square Pin Only)
- Measuring the Main RCD Trip Times under Various Conditions; Confirming They Are Within the Required Limits (Measured from a 13-amp Square Pin Socket)
- Measuring the Actual RCD Trip Current (Measured from a 13-amp Square Pin Socket)
- Measuring and Checking that the Earth Loop Impedance is within the Required Limit (For All Easily Accessible 13-amp Square Pin Sockets)
- Checking that a Sample Light Switch on Each Identified Lighting Circuit has a Protective Earth Connected
- Checking for the Presence of an Earth Connection on Showers, Bathroom Radiators, and Taps
Following the inspection, we will present a summary report before recommending a suitable remedial works and an interval until the next inspection.